- Endorsements and Certificates
- Professional Educator’s License: School Service Personnel Certificate K-12
Professional Educator’s License: School Service Personnel Certificate K-12
The purpose of the School Service Personnel Certificate K-12 (formerly Type 73 Certification) is to enable students that have a prior master’s degree in counseling or a related area to meet Licensure/Endorsement requirements for the Educator’s License with a School Counseling Endorsement in the State of Illinois.
- A master’s degree from a regionally-accredited college or university of higher education in counseling or a related field.
- A transcript evaluation by Concordia University Chicago.
- Passing scores from the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP), or in lieu of the TAP, obtaining proof of an ACT Plus Writing composite score of at least 24 (and a minimum score of 19 on the writing sub area) or an SAT (critical reading and mathematics) composite score of 1030 (and a minimum score of 450 on the writing sub area) is needed.
- Completion of 12 semester hours of psychology or sociology with a grade of “C” or better.
Certification and Endorsement Requirements
- A minimum of 24 semester hours of required coursework specifically selected to meet State Certification/Endorsement or program requirements must be completed at Concordia University Chicago.
- A transcript evaluation for the Certification/Endorsement.
- Pass the ISBE Examination for School Counseling and meet all requirements for certification.