*INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: In addition to the base program curriculum, international students attending face-to-face classes on the CUC campus are required to take the Seminar in Higher Education, a 3-credit course.
This course will serve as an introduction to the U.S.-based higher education learning environment. Students will work to understand Concordia University Chicago’s academic conventions, technological systems and communication culture while developing English grammar, reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
The Seminar in Higher Education is an excellent opportunity for students to further develop critical skills to help them to be successful in their academic program. This 3-credit course is mandatory for international students attending face-to-face classes on the CUC campus.
• Developing knowledge about local and academic culture
• Building grammar, reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
• Conducting graduate-level research with the use of electronic and library resources
• Developing note-taking strategies for coursework
• Reflecting on the U.S.-based education system
Academic support for work in students’ current coursework will also be provided during or after class. Guest speakers include representatives from the campus library, writing center and technology services.